That's a picture from today of messages that the cyberstalker "Big Bambu" continues to send to my YouTube blog, "Please don't kill me."
"Lighten up," he says. That is a stock phrase that men who harass women use to imply that the problem is not their, the men's, behavior, but their female targets' reaction. The male patient who incessantly harassed me at the crisis unit at Quincy Mental Health Center screamed that at me all the time before I was forced to leave that facility; he won. That is one of the many horrible things that the conglomerate has caused; making it even more likely that the objections of women to being harassed will be met with ridicule and victim-blaming.
That is the Web address of the pages of search results for a Google search of the term "harassers tell women to lighten up."
Dealing with someone like Big Bambu is tedious. It will take time to do everything that I can do to try again to block him from my channel, contact YouTube, and then, if those things don't stop him, to decide what to ask the police to do about it and have all the information for them so that all they have left to do is contact him and/or YouTube and tell him to leave me alone.
He doesn't seem physically dangerous, and he's not threatening to approach me in person; if he were, I'd have to make dealing with him my first priority, in front of everything else that I have to do, like trying to get into school, trying to get housing, even just doing my laundry, which is something that people who have houses or even apartments don't realize is a production for homeless people.
Also, his continuing to explicitly say all of the things that the conglomerate insinuates does help to illustrate how destructive the conglomerate's behavior is. The entire situation is of the conglomerate's making. The longer he talks, the more disgusting and unreasonable he seems. I'm not asking for his attention. I'm not sending messages to his blog. I'm not soliciting his messages to me or doing anything to advertise my blog; neither he nor anyone else has ever gotten an ad from me trying to get publicity for what I publish. He is aggressively seeking me out and harassing me with messages at my blog almost every day, usually commenting several times, always saying pejorative things in rude and offensive and often lewd ways. I have consistently said that I want him to stop contacting me. He's a stalker, and a harasser.
Nobody has to read or listen to my blogs; if he doesn't like what I say, he can do something else with his time. I am not threatening him with anything other than talking to the police about him if he doesn't leave me alone. His quality of life is in no danger of decreasing if he decides just not to make heckling me a part of his day. He has no reason to pay any attention to me at all, and I would rather that he didn't.
Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, October 2, 2015 @ 10:21 a.m.
