Friday, April 17, 2015

Empty beds at the crisis unit/coughing

April 17, 2015

There are two empty beds at the crisis unit at Quincy Mental Health Center, plus the swing bed.  One of the empty beds is in a single room that could be occupied by either a male or a female.  The other is in a double room that has one male occupant.

I asked what was happening with the empty room; I was told that someone would be coming to the unit to take that room.  All that means is that they decided to keep accepting patients to fill the beds, without making any room changes for the patients who are already here except to make me leave my old, single room that wasn't in the highest traffic area on the unit.

The male patient whom I was told this past Wednesday needed the room nearest the nurses' station, and who was then given my old room which isn't near the nurses' station, could today have been moved into the room nearest the nurses' station.  The male patient who was already in the room nearest the nurses' station and who has not been moved could have been moved today to the single room that is empty, or to the double room that has one male occupant.

It is more obvious every day that the only reason that I was moved from my old room was to degrade and punish me in front of everyone.

A female patient is lying on the couch in the living room, coughing loudly.

A male patient in the living room just started coughing, also.


Copyright L. Kochman, April 17, 2015 @ 6:45 p.m.