Friday, August 28, 2015

Stalking and sexual harassment by a male staffperson at the Pine Street Inn

August 28, 2015

It is the same male staffperson who started to stalk and harass me persistently several weeks ago.  

He is stalking and harassing me today.

Two days ago, I wrote a letter to the director of the women's side of the Pine Street Inn about being stalked and harassed by this man and other male employees of the women's side of the shelter.  He harassed and stalked me on August 26, 2015, also, about which I called the director and left her a voicemail.

A few months ago, a camera was put in the lobby.  It is not a hidden camera.  The tapes from it are kept for a week.

Because of the harassment and stalking, I try to sit in the center of the lobby, surrounded by chairs, so that he can't get that close to me and so that the camera can tape what's happening.  That means that I have to try to get to the shelter as soon after it opens at 2:00 p.m. as I can, so that I can get one of those seats.  I have to organize my day around trying to protect myself from this person, and trying to get impartial documentation of his behavior by sitting where the camera can tape what's happening.

He gets as close to me as he can, and stops and stares at me, and/or coughs.

I'm not the only person whom he has followed around the shelter.  Other women have also objected to his behavior, but he's not being stopped.


Copyright L. Kochman, August 28, 2015 @ 4:38 p.m.