Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Suffolk Superior Court

March 24, 2015

I got up at 5:30 this morning so that I could be at Suffolk Superior Court at 8:00 a.m. for jury duty.  

There is a Wet Floor sign at the entrance to the courthouse.

One of the security guards told all the people in line to take off their coats before they walked through the metal detector.  When I took off my coat, he coughed loudly.

There is a Wet Floor sign in the middle of the lobby on the first floor.

There is a Wet Floor sign next to the door of the jury pool room on the second floor.

When I got to the jury pool room, I was told that my jury duty was canceled because my address has changed and I don't live in Suffolk County; that's why I am able to write this page about having gotten called for jury duty.

If I had been selected to be a juror, I probably would have gotten stalked to the courthouse every day.  I probably would have gotten harassed by at least one person at the courthouse every day.  Probably, the case would have gotten all sorts of media attention that it otherwise wouldn't have gotten.  Probably, what I had to say to other jurors would have gotten discredited by at least some of them.  

I think jury duty would be interesting.  However, because of the way that the conglomerate treats me, probably no case that had me for a juror would get a fair trial.


Copyright L. Kochman, March 24, 2015 @ 8:30 a.m.