Tuesday, September 29, 2015

All she does is sit around and write all day.

September 29, 2015

There are probably people who think that about me, and dislike me because of it.

It's not true.  Also, there are people who write all day who get paid for it.  Something isn't necessarily more or less real work depending on whether or not the person who does it ever gets paid.

I have never wanted to be a full time writer, which is why I keep trying to get employed doing something else.  I am not unemployed by choice.

There are some jobs that I know that I shouldn't take.  I don't think that I should work in a coffee place; I'd drink all the coffee.  I think that fast food places would also be like that for me.  

There are also a lot of places that would not hire me.  It's discouraging to have a work history that reads "Harassed and fired.  Harassed and fired.  Harassed and quit." That's what happened, and I won't say that it's my fault.  


Copyright L. Kochman, September 29, 2015 @ 8:46 a.m.