Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Robert Pattinson

September 29, 2015


People should not let their children pose for pictures with you.

What are you doing?

A few months of the attention that maybe you always thought that you wanted from me, and you want to turn me into mincemeat?  What did you think was going to happen?  Did you think that I would topple helplessly into love with you, the way that I have done with precisely none of your predecessors?

I don't know when you will understand that there's nothing in life that's more important than doing the right thing.  Knowing what that is isn't always easy; doing it gets easier the more practice that you have at it, and the more you understand how important it is.

What are you trying to say these days, "Shut up, you snaggle-toothed biddy?"  You should have thought of that before. 

What do you and people like you think of me?  I don't like to think about it; maybe I should:

"Poor Lena, she's so old.  She'll be so grateful to finally get sex."

Then you get offended by what I say, perhaps because you haven't thought about my age and life experience and many disappointments meaning that I know not to settle for the wrong person, the wrong time, the wrong treatment, things that are guaranteed to make my life worse.


Copyright L. Kochman, September 29, 2015 @ 7:01 p.m./additions @ 9:56 p.m.